Rabbit and Pocket Pet Care
Just like dogs and cats, your pocket pet requires regular veterinary care to monitor their overall health, nutrition, and environment. East Bay Veterinary Hospital has the expertise to treat rabbits and pocket pets such as ferrets, chinchillas, guinea pigs, rats, mice, gerbils, and hamsters. Our pocket pet services include:
- Annual wellness physical examinations
- Professional nail trimming
- Dental care
- Diagnostic testing such as x-rays, endoscopy, blood tests, skin scrapings, and biopsy of growths
- Surgeries for growth removal, fractures, and internal problems
- Medications and supplements tailored to the needs of your pet
- Nutritional counseling
- Behavioral counseling
The Importance of Annual Exams for Your Pocket Pet
Signs of illness in rabbits and pocket pets can be difficult to recognize, that’s why it is crucial to bring your pet in annually for a complete physical exam to ensure that he or she is healthy. The annual exam is also a great time to discuss any questions you may have concerning your pet’s health. We understand how important it is to have peace of mind about your pet’s health, so please do not hesitate to talk to us about any questions or concerns you may have regarding your pet’s health.
To schedule an appointment for your rabbit or pocket pet, call us today at 516-623-6226.